My “Favorite Things from Four Years in NYC” series will continue, but for now, a quick reflection on the first 27 hours back in California:
– My luggage was impressive, I should have taken a picture.
– ROOM by Emma Donohue is amazing, and was excellent plane reading.
(X-Men First Class was an ok plane movie)
– My family rocks, as per usual.
-“Sleeping in” ended up meaning 7AM, BUT I got to drive Morgan to school, so it was worth it.
– I love having TV and DVR! I know from the majority of the last 7 years, I absolutely don’t need it, but dear god I love it! (Top Model and Free Agents were my companions today)
– California is so beautiful!
– I still love lettuce wraps from PF Chang (available on both coasts) but they are better while chatting with my Mom in person. And, Mom and I still have the best convos while driving in the car.
– I bought tickets for Lys, Joe & I to see “An Evening with Neil Gaiman and Amanda Palmer” at the beginning of November and am way excited.
– Sigmund Stern is a brilliant dog park with lovely people.
– I don’t miss New York yet, but I think it still feels like vacation and not a permanent change.
– Sometimes walking around a mall with two of your favorite people in the world can be the best way to spend an evening.
– I really love listening to KNBR for Giants radio. Those guys are great. (And the Panda got a cycle, woo!)
– I still like cities more than the suburbs, but I think the next 4-6 months here will be restful and restorative.
– New job tomorrow… excited and terrified, but mostly excited.