Time for a quick update on my NYC Bucket List.
I have 9 days left in New York and a ton to do.
In addition to the list below, I have been trying to spend a ton of time with friends. Which has been wonderful – lots of lunches, movies, Trivial Pursuit, Bananagrams and more – but I am sadly unable to see everyone before I go, which is a hard realization.
Also, Hurricane Irene kinda eliminated a weekend in which to accomplish things – instead I just sat around and watched movies at J & J’s.
What I have accomplished since August 19th….
Shows I’ve seen:
- Sleep No More (And I’m actually going again… a little obsessed)
- The Moth, Story Slam: DRIVE
- The Judgement of Paris
- War Horse
Visit these Sites and/or take Photos:
- Morgan Library – Went with Joe, and it was lovely!
- Bryant Park
- read a book in the Rose Room reading room at the NYPL – ended up only spending a brief moment in the Reading Room, BUT the NYPL Celebrating 100 Years Exhibit is phenomenal. Go see it!
- WD50 – Dessert Tasting Menu
- Cloisters – Kaitlin and I explored this past Saturday. Lovely as always.
- Met Museum – Had a great time with Alex, who had, shockingly, never been there.
Things that I know, now, are not happening:
- Bellhouse Music
- Bellhouse Comedy show (Eugene Mirman?)
- Carnegie Hall
- David Letterman or Jimmy Fallon or Daily Show
- movie at the Paris Theater
- rowboat on the Lake – Turns out the Boathouse and Boat Rentals are on strike, decided not to cross the picket line
- Brooklyn Museum
- United Nations
- Woodlawn Cemetery
If you would like to see everything else I am going to try and do – and it is WAY too much – click here.